Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pineapple sage leaves turning yellow

Posted by hbwright z8a SC (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 05 at 10:40

I have three plants, two planted in one location and one in another. The two together are doing great and growing nicely, the other seems to ge growing okay but the underleaves are turning yellow. I don't think this is a case of the older leaves yellowing to allow for new growth as in some plants. My soil is slightly acedic which I know they prefer alkaline so I'm wondering if I should add lime. Funny thing is that everything else I plant besides my salvias like acedic to slightly acedic soil. My pH is 6.6 in most sites so I usually add acedifying materials to my acid loving plants but have not amended for my Sages.

Any other ideas as to why this might be or should I stick with my suspicions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pineapple sage leaves turning yellow

Could your one plant be in a different microclimate and getting colder than the other two? It's been unusually cool in CA for this time of year.

o
RE: Pineapple sage leaves turning yellow

The same thing is happeningn to my pineapple sage. I moved it, but I'm still having the problem. It is putting out new leaves and growing fine - just the bottom leaves turn yellow and fall off. My soil is acid and I haven't amended for the pineapple sage...maybe I'll add some lime around it today and see if that helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here