Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Salvia May night - dormant now or dead?

Posted by laurava VA (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 07 at 11:39

Hi- we planted a bunch of salvia may nights pretty late in the season last year (very close to winter).. all of our plants have madew it except for this one it seems. They were pretty small in size but I don't see them anywhere where we put them.. Are they dormant at this time of year or can I assume they are dead? I live in DC area- zone 6. Please share any experience if small plants crop up later on (?) since I want to fill that area (I hope they are not dead).

Thank you so much, Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salvia May night - dormant now or dead?

I did the same thing a few years back when they were dirt cheap late in the season. I lost all of them. I think mine didn't have enough time to settle and establish and then I think the damp winter took care of them. You should have something growing there by now, if not, I think there are dead. Sorry.
Tabby

o

I am in Zone 6 in the Philly area and my May Nights are up and just begining to bloom so I think yours are goners. They are beautiful plants so try again this year with bigger plants if you can.
Joann

o

Hi- I have reposted this three times now!! But thank you for letting me the know the harsh reality that they are dead- I went ahead and bought a bunch of smaller plants to plant now - I read they grow fast and I hope that is true! thank you so much again!

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here