Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
penwheels

Salvia falling down

penwheels
16 years ago

I have 4 large Salvia plants for landscaping that were planted before I moved into my house. I love the plants as they are well established and in the early spring are beautiful. I am not sure what variety of Salvia they are but they are a round "bush" about 2 feet high and produce dark purple flowers. My problem is towards the end of the spring the "stalks" start to fall over instead of remaining upright. As the stalks start to fall the plant goes from being round to laying flat on the ground. I have looked around town and many people have the same plant however mine seem bigger and I dont notice any others falling down. The stalks usually start falling after a good rain shower or high winds. Is there anything I can do to keep the plant from falling over? I thought about trimming the plant but I am afraid it would not grow back the rest of the year. I also thought about tying the plant together around the ground but I am afriad of damaging the plant. Am I doing something wrong to cause them to fall over?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor