Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peg_in_oregon

Mail-Order Salvia ??

peg_in_oregon
19 years ago

Does anyone have information on any nurseries that carry alot of Salvia's & do mail order? I would like to find Henry Duelberg if I could.

Comments (22)

• lunita
    19 years ago

None of the mail order sources I'm familiar with sell Henry Duelberg. I think it might only be available at Texas nurseries?

Here are a few places to look at other salvias, though.
    Canyon Creek nursery http://www.canyoncreeknursery.com
    Mountain Valley Growers http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com
    High country Gardens http://www.highcountrygardens.com

• birdgardner
    19 years ago

Sandy Mush Herb Nursery in North Carolina. doesn't have duelberg, but lots of others.

Well Sweep Farm in Port Murray, NJ

• CA Kate z9
    19 years ago

In a post here called "Cool Picture Site" (or somesuch). there is a directive to the Cabrillo site. Go there. After several 'pages' of photos there is a page of nurseries that have a lot of Salvias. Good luck.

• jfr1107
    19 years ago

For some unusual salvia try Richard Dufresne. Check out the link below.

Also if you are interested in seed try:

www.seedhunt.com

John R.

Here is a link that might be useful: Richard D.'s World of Salvia

• thebarkley
    19 years ago

also this one variety. Salvia Greggii 'Teresa'

Here is a link that might be useful: Teresa Salvia

• CA Kate z9
    19 years ago

Re S. g. Teresa: What a pretty flower! That's for the info.

• helena_z8_ms
    19 years ago

I just wanted to bring this post up for the info and pictures to enjoy.

• CA Kate z9
    19 years ago

Thank you for bringing this back up, Helena. It has reminded me to pester those folks for S. Teresa.

• helena_z8_ms
    19 years ago

Westelle, sure wish they would update their site- it's taking them quite a long time. I want to pester them for one or two too.

• CA Kate z9
    19 years ago

I haven't heard a word. Maybe they had crop failure /or they couldn't get USDA approval of their operation and so can't ship. ?????

• MissSherry
    19 years ago

Here's another good mail-order nursery that carries a lot of salvias.
    Sherry

Here is a link that might be useful: The Crownsville Nursery

• sarahbn
    19 years ago

Thats a great place I just ordered a bunch of salvias from them last week! Sarah

• salvia_guy123
    19 years ago

You can find amazingly cheap Salvia Divinorum Extracts on here.
    Deliveries usually come the next day too :-)

www.SalviaExtract.co.uk

thank youuu

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is that site again as a link

• rich_dufresne
    19 years ago

To salvia_guy123:

Your message is way off topic. I strongly doubt anyone on this list is interested in entheogens, let alone legal highs.

A number of sites that have sold this material are backing off from marketing it. Momentum is building to make this a controlled substance.

I have a background in drug discovery (pharmaceuticals) and would like to see Salvia divinorum-based products remain in the hands of native Indian medicine men and researchers, not outlawed totally.

• CA Kate z9
    19 years ago

I finally got an answer about ordering S. g. 'Teresa'.
    You can get it from a nursery in Santa Rosa, CA. When you get on-site, go to Newsletter; it will tell about S.g. 'Teresa'. You will need to call the retail part of the nursery whose number is found under 'Contact Us'.

OH.... the retail doesn't open up until March 1st.

Here is a link that might be useful: Emerisa Nursery

• Gerris2 (Joseph Delaware Zone 7a)
    19 years ago

Salvia Guy has a seed/plant business called Salvias Northwest. He has some very cool material indeed.

Joseph

Here is a link that might be useful: Salvias Northwest

• rich_dufresne
    18 years ago

Getting back to S. farinacea `Henry Duelberg', Plant Delights is getting ready to sell it for next year. My recent experience with it is that it will not be easy to build up stocks quickly.

It was found by Greg Grant in a cemetary by Henry and Augusta Duelberg's grave in the unirrigated Cedar Cemetery near LaGrange, Texas. There were no other Salvias in the area, and the same plant form was found as a swarm in the immediate area, so it should be a pure strain.

There is another new form of S. farinacea that Tony just acquired. This is `Texas Violet', a much smaller plant with silvery stems and a silvery farina of hairs on the flower spike. Does anyone know anything about it, especially where it came from?

• rich_dufresne
    17 years ago

I just came back from Plant Delights Nursery and Tony has both Augusta (white) and Henry (blue) Duelberg forms of Salvia farinacea.

• shari1332
    17 years ago

Are they for sale this year? I'm just wondering if some of these new ones will be put out for the open house in July even though they're not on the website yet. They're sold out of the reg S. farinacea.

• rich_dufresne
    17 years ago

There seem to be enough for his open house sales. It won't hurt to ask.

• gypsiesdancing
    17 years ago

Today (9-20-06) I bought a lot of Henry Duelberg salvia at Houston Garden Center on Highway 6, about 6 miles north of I-10, in Houston, TX. These plants weren't there last week. They're having a 70% off sale, so the large (a foot across) Duelberg's were $6.00 each. Right next to the named Henry Duelberg salvias they had white ones that were labeled Henry Duelberg White. I would think that those are really 'Augusta Duelberg'. They each had a round commercial tag on a stick that read 'Southern (Perennials) Treasures' identifying the plants as Henry Duelberg. I hope this info helps Houston gardeners who are currently looking for this salvia.

• jxa44
    17 years ago

Canyan Creek Nursery has a nice selection too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Canyon Creek Nursery Salvias

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor