Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Austin Open Salvia Garden

Posted by hybridsage (My Page) on
Sun, May 9, 10 at 17:54

I know some of you live in Austin Tx. I want to
extend my invation to visit my open garden on
Sunday May 23 it is open from 10-2. Some Salvia's in bloom will be:greggii, microphylla,several different hybrids,coccinea several forms,darcyi,farinacea severalforms,blepharophylla severalforms and miniata.
More not in bloom as well.
Art

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Austin Open Salvia Garden

There are other plants in flower also My Acanthus some Justicias,Dicliptera budding and other different plant mixed w/Salvias.Some native some not.
Art

o

I wish you were closer Art. I would love to see how you use your salvias.

o

We will try & post some pictures after our tour.S blepharophylla "Diablo" and "Sweet Numbers" are blooming.
the first Blooms of S.darcyi and miniata just opened today.
Art

o

What a beautiful garden you have, Art, full of wonderful daylilies and salvias. Thank you so much for letting us come and see it today. It must be fun to watch the patterns of color and form appear and change and overlap each day, as some plants come into bloom and others finish.

Annie-Kathy at the Transplantable Rose

My husband mentioned our "Salvia Save Me!" song on YouTube...here's a link to the video -it's 2 minutes long.

Here is a link that might be useful: Salvia, Salvia Save Me

o

annieaustin,wantonmara & Seagrape
It is great putting names w/faces everyone we had a great time.Annie thanks for the link to your song! I may try this again in the fall when the Salvia greggii,microphylla
and more are in color and the weather is cooler.
A Big Texas Thank you!
Art

o

This post is useless without pictures :) Art we all want to see the garden.

o

Thanks again!! Had a great time and enjoyed the cheese...

o

Art, I finally have a stable S. blepharophylla `Dulces Nombres' (or `Sweet Names'). Along with S. oxyphora, S. lasiantha, S. curviflora, S. stolonifera, I have some good seedlings from Robin Middleton and Ginny Hunt coming along for new stock plants.

o

Desertsage:
I will post some pictures of Salvia darcyi,elegans,greggii
"Raspberry Ripple" ,miniata,guarnitica "Black and Blue"
Farinacea "Bicolor Seedling", coccinea LiR & Coral Nymph"
and some over all garden shots.

Rich:
Thank you I have S.blepharophylla "Sweet Names" in the ground and will love the one your mentioned + some others.

Art

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here