Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Salvias setting seed already

Posted by phoebe1969 z8CA (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 05 at 21:32

My Microphylla Wild Watermelon really put on a show early this year and it started setting seed last month. Now I see that my Lemmonii is begiining to seed too. This has been one crazy year. We just had rain here again in Calif. with some hail in areas. I am hoping this is last of it for awhile so I can get out and get working on some things. My Columbariae and Verbenacea that I winter sowed are just flowering too along with my purchases of Buchananii and Chiapensis from Morning Sun beginning also.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salvias setting seed already

You guys sure got a lot of rain this year. Now you know how we felt with above average rain for almost 2 years straight. At least our rain doesn't create dry brush by late and summer and out of control fires; at least outside the pine barrens where fire is a natural and regular force. I just planted Wild Watermelon this spring and it has just begun to bloom. Glad to hear it will set seed and I'm curious whether any of the seed will lead to new and interesting plants. How big does your Wild Watermelon grow. According to the tag in ideal conditions it'll reach 4X4, is that true?

o
RE: Salvias setting seed already

Your garden must be an awesome treat for the eyes! Wow! My plants are just now waking up. Maybe will have flowers in a month.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here