Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
burn_gw

Beware of www.greenstranger.com / Threatrum Botanicum

burn
16 years ago

I would not recommend doing business with this website/company. When I purchased the plant, it was too cold, and I was told I'd have to wait till warmer weather (which is understandable) However after the weather warmed up, it took an additional 2 weeks for them to ship my plant, they forgot.

Then, on MAY 4TH, the plant arrived wilted and dead. I emailed them and they agreed to ship out a plant the following week. They did not keep their end of the deal. Below shows the email logs from when the plant was sent, and the dates of the 2 emails I've sent after they said they'd ship me a replacement.

They NEVER sent a replacement, or have replied to the last 2 emails I've sent them. On May 21st I asked for the status of the replacement, with no reply. On June 12th, over a MONTH after I received the original dead plant, I told them that if I didn't receive my Promised replacement, that I would share my experience on salvia forums as you can see below:

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 02:26:02 -0700 (PDT)

From: "D**** *******" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Subject: Re: Package Shipped to You from Theatrum Botanicum

To: "Theatrum Botanicum"

"Theatrum Botanicum"
I have replied twice to this email, and I have not received a response or a plant. You stated that you can send out another plant the following week, back in the beginning of May.

Please keep up your end of that deal, I did not pay 24 dollars for a plant that was all wrinkled up... that was money that I received nothing in return for.

If I do not receive a reply, I will be sure to post in salvia forums as to whether or not people should buy from you.. that's for sure. I'd like to share my experience with this store online.

Sincerely,

Dave

Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:40:49 -0700 (PDT)

From: "D**** *******" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Subject: Fwd: Re: Package Shipped to You from Theatrum Botanicum

To: thebot@pacific.net

Please advise the status of the replacement plant, I have not seen a confirmation of shipment.

Thanks!

D****

Note: forwarded message attached.

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us. http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48516/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7 hot CTA = Join Yahoo!'s user panel

Forwarded Message [ Download File ]

Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:49:14 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: Package Shipped to You from Theatrum Botanicum

To: "Theatrum Botanicum"

Plain Text Attachment [ Scan and Save to Computer ]

It wasn't incredibly hot.. but the leaves looked

wilted although the packaging seemed to still be damp.

I appreciate you sending a replacement.

Thanks,

D****

Theatrum Botanicum wrote:

was it extremely hot?

i can send out a plant this next week.

sorry for that.

At 02:10 AM 5/4/2007, you wrote:

I received my plant (Thursday) and the whole plant was droopy and wilted.. I know plants can droop when they don't have sunlight for a period of time, but this plant is in an unrecoverable state (extremly wilted.)

I am disappointed although I sincerely doubt it's your fault. Please let me know what can be done to resolve this issue to my satisfaction, I would appreciate a replacement since the plant is dead.

D****

Theatrum Botanicum wrote:

A package was shipped to you on 04/30/2007 via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail to the following address:

D**** *******

PO BOX **

******, I* 6****

None

The package's Delivery Confirmation ID is 910180521390**********

To check the delivery status of your package at any time please visit:

http://www.endicia.com/status.cfm?pic=9101805213907*********

or the U.S. Postal Service's web-site:

http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

Theatrum Botanicum

NOTE:

This package should arrive in 1-3 days from the date of this notice.

If it does not, please contact Theatrum Botanicum.

Thank you for your purchase.

Shelley Falkenberg

Theatrum Botanicum

thebot@pacific.net

www.GreenStranger.com

PO Box 488, Laytonville, CA 95454 USA

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.463 / Virus Database: 269.5.10/774 - Release Date: 4/23/2007 5:26 PM

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.6.2/784 - Release Date: 5/1/2007 2:57 PM

Shelley Falkenberg

Theatrum Botanicum

thebot@pacific.net

www.GreenStranger.com

PO Box 488, Laytonville, CA 95454 USA

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.6.6/794 - Release Date: 5/8/2007 2:23 PM

Comments (10)

• Gerris2 (Joseph Delaware Zone 7a)
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Did you pay by credit card? If so you can probably get the CC company to reverse the payment if you called them and explained the situation.

Joseph

• sobotka
    16 years ago

Mainly I would like to know where I can order a salivia plant???

I too made any order in June for 4 plants that all arrived yellowed and were promptly dead. I got a response back saying that my order would be resent when they had time. It's been two weeks so far and I haven't heard back. I don't have much hope at this point, but I'll give them another week. I have saved all of my several emails as proof. Many people have posted the phrase "highly reputable", but my experience has been far from it.
    Secondly if I do get ripped off I feel I should report them and am open to any suggestions. It would be nice if Amazon or something similar was around, so you could know who you are doing business with.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.greenstranger.com / Threatrum Botanicum

• sobotka
    16 years ago

My main problem was communicating with the company- if there are difficulties a very quick email can reassure customers that their order is being processed; however no response after a 1/2 month will make any reasonable customer wonder if they should notify their credit card company to cancel their order. Hopefully this is maybe just bad timing and not a reoccurring problem. If I do receive my order and the plants are healthy I will resend my reservations and reccomend www.greenstranger.com / Threatrum Botanicum and their selection of rare plants.

OK! 2 1/2 weeks they just got back to me and said they would ship the plants. There seem to be 4 likely factors for difficulties- 1) they are very busy being the only essentailly the main and maybe only company that supplies this rare breed, 2) they where in fact busy with a work related convention, 3) the plants suffer transportation problems due to heat exposure, and so undetrstandably they took a vacation during the 4th of July- a difficult week to ship due to the heat.
    Once again if there where clearer communications then there would be less misunderstandings.

• sunsnail
    16 years ago

They used to be really good back in 2005. I got many of my favorite plants from them. They're still growing strongly. But now they've just become too swamped with orders to carry out good business.

• sobotka
    16 years ago

OK I finally did get my plants in and they were in fair shape- a bit stressed but hopefully they will pull through.
    As far as I have been able to tell though Threatrum Botanicum is the only company supplying live SALVIA DIVINORUM clones- these are very rare plants that do not propagate through seeds effectively. If ordering from www.greenstranger.com be prepared to be persistent with weekly emails. It would be nice if there was a better way to ship these plants being there are difficulties with healthy deliveries.

• christopher77
    16 years ago

I purchased 4 plants from grrenstranger.com as well. I didnt receive my order and also did not get any response to the several emails I sent. I searched Theatrum Botanicum, which is their business name, in Google and found a forum under davesgarden.com similar to this one. it listed Shelly Falkenberg's info. I called the phone number, which appeared to be her private home number. I spoke with her and expressed my frustration. I received my plants 4 days later in great condition. Below is the info I used to resolve my issue. I would still purchase with caution. Hopefully this helps.....

Shelly Falkenberg
    5261 Blue Lake Rd
    Willits, CA 95490-8574
    (707) 459-0637

• 4w578i_rock_com
    15 years ago

I've ordered a few months ago, asked if it was recieved several times, and never got an answer. :-(

Will pay for viable Salvia cuttings if anyone here has them available. I don't even ask that they're rooted first, so long as I get them, sent reasonably fresh, to southern California.

Thanks for reading.

• adknight87
    11 years ago

Hey in response to this I personally am working with this company and the owner. Around the time these emails were exchanged there had been a downfall within the company since it is family owned and ran. The owner himself did not use much computers for the online service he was providing which is what I am now taking care of. So we are working on restoring the company and so far things are looking up. Again the Owner greatly apologies for the inconveniences this has caused amongst the consumers.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    11 years ago

Go bad mouth them on DG. They have a section rating nurseries. Does GW have a place to rate nurseries?

• adknight87
    11 years ago

Bad mouth the old company that isn't ran by the same people anymore? That's really professional and where's this DG?

Sponsored