Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identify Salvia Please?

Posted by dachshunds3 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 15, 08 at 8:05

I bought this salvia 7 years ago and never knew the name. It is a wonderful plant and blooms all summer until frost. It gets about 18 to 24 inches tall and then falls over, but it's still quite lovely. Can anyone tell me exactly what name I'm looking for in catalogues? Thanks very much.

Here is a link that might be useful: salvia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identify Salvia Please?

Hard to tell if this is either Salvia verticillata or a Nepeta. I can't get a clear view of the individual flowers. Basal foliage is also hard to discern.

o

Looks like S.nemerosa "Plumosa" if you go to
Bluestone Perennials you will see a side shot.

o

I think we have a winner! The Plumosa picture looks exactly like mine. Thanks so much.

o

Looks like S. nemorosa 'Plumosa' to me, especially if the stems drop due to the weight of the flowers. But, it could also be a form of S. verticillata. I would go for plumosa.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here