Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pommes_gw

Salvia Nemorosa: leaves turning yellow from bottow up

pommes
9 years ago

Hi. I just landscaped a new property. I am a hobby gardening and new home owner so it's the first time I've had the opportunity to have my own garden.
I have a steep hillside that gets full sun. I decided to plant a lot of purple Salvia Nemorosa on this steep slope.
We had a heat streak for about 1 2/ weeks and because the plants were'nt (I thought) established yet I watered them quit a bit while it was hot....ie. almost everyday. The Silvia looked like they were melting during this time.
Now I see that some of the plant leaves are turning yellow from the the bottom. Some have yellow leaves almost to the top. BTW- I some of my Lavender (Hitcote) and Echeniecia is also turning yellow:( Hope this doesn't mean I have to destroy everything and start all over again. I read that this could be root rot and that there is no turning the plant around. Possibly that I may also have to destroy the plants. I've planted at least 15, 16 of them and at least 6-7 are showing yellow leaves. Is this that scary root rot and do I have to destroy the plants? If I do have to destroy the plants can I then transplant a new Silvia plant in the same plant hole or will it also then get the fungus? I would think so but I am new to this. I also say that because the ground is so steep that I put a coconut net to hold the ground. Then cut holes in the net where I wanted plants. If I have to put new plants in to replace destroyed ones that means cutting a lot of holes in the net.. Here's one of the plants but actually from a different location. Looks the same though:( Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting