Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP! My poor salvia!

Posted by Linzalin PA (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 16, 12 at 12:54

This poor May Night salvia I bought from Home Depot is quite sad! The leaves look like lace and hardly any blooms. I have 6 of them and they all look like this. I have sprayed them with Spectracide to try to rid it of any bugs/disease but it isn't helping. They are such a pretty plant, can someone help me??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP! My poor salvia!

Lin

Sorry to hear that sounds like the work of japanese beetles. They find something they like and they can decimate it quickly. I usually pick the beetles off and put them in a soapy bucket of water. Im not fully clear if they were this way when you bought them or after you brought them home. You might try some sort of netting to put over the plants to protect them. I also have read 4 oclocks and garlic are not liked by the beetles. Last year I planted garlic all around my cupheas and they werent bothered.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here