Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does the foliage on this salvia look familiar?

Posted by ellieandethansmom 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 05 at 16:45

This is a double post (name that plant forum) about identifying a salvia without flowers, foliage only. It was overwintered from a fall cutting and is suffering from some sort of blight (brown yellowing leaves on the lower portion). I'd like to identify the type of salvia it is to help it. Thanks for any help.

Here is a link that might be useful: unknown salvia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does the foliage on this salvia look familiar?

I'd guess a guaranitica is most likely, though there are other species that have a similar leaf shape. My cuttings often look a little anemic after spending the winter under a grow light. They perk right up after I harden them off outside and they get some sunlight. Be sure the potting medium is well drained. Most salvia don't like to stay wet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here