Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellowing 'hot lips'

Posted by jbeau z10 CA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 05 at 17:10

I've got two "hot lips" salvias. One is extremely full and green w/ many blooms, while the other is more woody and the leaves have yellowed over the last several months. Both receive equal sunlight. I can't figure out why the one isn't thriving. I've tried pruning it and have considered testing my soil for acidity, but don't know how. Any suggestions for what might be causing my problem, and how to treat it? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellowing 'hot lips'

They like good drainage.

o
RE: yellowing 'hot lips'

Aphids?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here