Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Salvia not looking good :(

Posted by hammonds_ns 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 13, 09 at 18:15

I grew some St. John's Fire from seed indoors and they were great looking, healthy plants, until I planted them in the garden. They haven't died but the leaves have looked unhealthy since I planted them out. They are still growing, putting out flowers, growing new leaves but then even the new leaves end up with brown spots and white spots on them, just unhealthy looking-the pics don't show it that well, but I am hoping for some feedback on what might be wrong with them? We get plenty of rain, so they are not dried out, the location would get morning sun and afternoon shade. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salvia not looking good :(

I wouldn't worry much--looks like a case of transplant "sunburn/windburn" to me. That often happens when plants that are started indoors get used to being outdoors. I think they will recover just fine.

Not sure how long your morning sun is, but, if you have a "full sun" location, they would like it more.

Just my 2 cents!

o
RE: Salvia not looking good :(

Have you applied any fertilizer? The wood mulch takes nitrogen to break down it will get it from the soil.
Taking it from the plant.Wait for some new roots to get down in the soil you should see more growth.
Being this salvias is from Brazil some warmth will
get it going also.
Art

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here