Did not know if anyone has had experience with this
Salvia?
Art

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salvia x Byron Flynt

Here is a 2007 post from the breeder:

Rich,
I came across your question about Salvia Bryon Flynt. I developed the plant, if you have any questions about how I developed it, let me know. Here is the rundown on how it came to be. Basicallly, back around 2000, I crossed a Salvia Mexicana "Limelight" with a Salvia Hispanica. The Salvia Hispanica came from Western Hills Nursery in Occidental, CA, and the Limelight came from Emerisa Gardens in Santa Rosa. They were growing next to each in my yard to so it was easy to cross. Plus, Mexicana seems to be very receptive to crossing. The seed came from Limelight. There were seven seedlings and two were very vigorous. One of which had a more rounded habit and that became Byron Flynt. Lots of hybrid vigor. The foliage looks like Limelight, but the flowering is similar to Hispanica with the purple/blue flowers and the purple calyxes. It is very vigorous and mine grows about 6'-7' tall and 6' wide. Unfortunately, it is too vigorous and nurseries that try to sell it have to keep rep!
otting it in larger and larger pots. I gave the plant to Emerisa nursery in Santa Rosa because I know the owner and he is the one who has been wholesaling it. It does fine down to 28 deg. but after that it starts to melt! It's been fun coming across mentions of this plant on the internet, and seeing it growing around California.
best wishes,
Dan Lozano

o
RE: Salvia x Byron Flynt

It grows in my yard here in Central Valley, CA.... provided it gets enough water!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here