Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ditnc

Sun damage on Black & Blue?

ditnc
11 years ago

I'm in NC zone 7b. My B&B came back beautifully this spring, and I transplanted it into a black kettle pot. It gets sun from about 11am until 6pm. It has been in the 100's for a week or 2 now (although it fells like forever!). I have noticed that my B&B is suffering, with singed edges on some of the leaves, and today I noticed several leaves had fallen off. (The kettle and roots are shaded by the deck during the late afternoon, but the leaves have full sun.)

I read that this salvia loves sun. Is that incorrect? I have been giving it lots of water to get it through this hot spell, but I'm thinking that perhaps it needs shade. Does anyone have experience with B&B in a very hot climate? What type of sun does it like?

I'm taking it out of the midday/late afternoon sun tomorrow to try to relieve its stress and help it recover. But so many of my plants have died so far this year, I feel I need some guidance. TIA.

P.S. my hot lips is next to the B&B, and it's doing well (knock on wood!). And the temps here should drop into the 80's this week.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm