Mon, Jul 11, 05 at 11:22

It's about 5 or 6 feet tall and just opened up today. Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Picture

Sorry I forgot to post picture.

o
RE: What salvia is this?

Could this be Salvia amarissima? Are the flowers quite small, and do they tend to drop off around mid-day?

Robin.

o

They just started blooming today so I'm not sure. This salvia came back from last year. Last year I had a urica in this spot but it was much shorter this looks similar but much taller. It's sticky like the urica I ordered another urica that started blooming about a week ago but it's only about a foot and a half This one that I took pictures of is between five and six feet.Photobucket is out of order so I uploaded the rest of the images I took today on imageevent They are the first 5 pictures called mystery salvia thanks Sarah

Here is a link that might be useful: mystery salvias

o

There is a tall form of S. urica as well, gets up to 5-6 feet according to some sources. I've grown both the tall and the short form of S. urica in the past although mine never got that tall. Neither is hardy for me. I don't know if the two forms are true from seed or if you might get height variability if it seeded off. Richard D. would probably know the answer to that.

o

Thank you I was surprised it came back the salvia guaranitica never comes back for me. Sarah

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here