Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juneroses_gw

Salvia ID

I live in central Florida where the weather is hot and humid. There is a perennial bed at a nearby public facility where two salvias are blooming and thriving. I have seeds germinating from one plant and cuttings from another (I was there when the maintenance crew was pruning and they allowed me to take a branch from the debris pile). For each I've included pictures of the general plant, the leaf, and the flower.

I'm hoping someone can tell me what type of salvias I'm growing.

The bed in which they are growing is in full sun. The soil is sandy in this area although it may have been amended for the flowers.

Below are pictures of salvia #1. The flower color is deep pink. The plant is about 18" tall. The leaves are green on both sides and without hairs.

Salvia #2 is below. It seems to be a very sturdy plant. The leaves are larger than those on salvia #1. Overall height is about 3 1/2 feet. At the junction of the leaf to the stalk, there is some burgundy coloration and this burgundy can be seen on the underside of the leaf in part of the main vein. Both sides of this leaf are also green and there are no hairs.

This one is growing among other plants so I wasn't able to get a good overall picture.

Thanks for looking - June

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville