Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Salva greggii wild thing zone 5

Posted by mori1 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 08 at 22:34

I live in Kansas zone 5 and I bought a wild thing autumn sage. It says it zone 5, I google it to get more info. Several sites list it with a ? for zone 5. Does anyone in zone 5 have any experience with this plant?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salva greggii wild thing zone 5

If your climate is like that of High Country Garden's, you should be fine. Mine is suffering in our hot, humid summer in North Carolina.

o

Kansas summers can be combine of both. Its can be dry or humid. Yesterday it was 100 and dry. Today it was 96 and slightly humid. Its not the heat that concerns me but are winters. It can get as low as -15 or -20 though are last couple of winters have been mild, no lower then -10.

o

There is little doubt in my mind that the cultivar is extremely hardy. In past several years I've grown it in several gardens in zone 6b and 7a. It is one of the greggii that doesn't die to the ground. This last winter a truck drove over a dozen of them in January and despite the abuse all but one of the plants recovered. If yours are growing in a really dry site you might consider planting very deep. The buried stems should root at various levels underground and that might increase the chances of something surviving. If it survives the winter I'd love to hear about it.

o

I haven't planted it yet due to the excessive heat but I plan to plant it around several other salvia, may night, russian sage and snow hill. I had rose queen and purple valcano but they died, I think I over watered. I will watch how deep I plant it. Thanks

o

can somebody tell me on how to take care the Salvia divinorum? tnx!

o

I want to know the different kind of salvia divinorum? tnx!

o

coolguytoo:

Visit Daniel Siebert's sagewisdom.org site for all questions about Salvia divinorum

Here is a link that might be useful: The Salvia divinorum Research and Information Center

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here