Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindakimy

I give up...

lindakimy
17 years ago

I have looked all over and cannot find this salvia. I think it is an annual and it is probably common as corn. I got it from my friendly plant guy down at the local garden center (Bloomin Crazy) in our little village. He was about to Round Up a bunch of seedlings that had self started around his display tables and instead he pulled them up (unceremoniously) and sent them home with me (FREE!!!) in a plastic bag. So. I have a huge bunch of baby salvias that I have no idea what they are!

The one in question (sorry I do not have a photo) has fairly large leaves that are very wide at the stem and pointy - kinda heart shape or triangular. The flowers are two-tone. The top part is white and the bottom is a pale, delicate pink. Any ideas what this is? Are there going to be seeds? How and when do I gather them so I can wintersow and have more next year? (Can you tell I am really new at this?) There are a few of these that are bright red...but the leaves look exactly the same as the white and pink ones.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!