Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mona lavender came back

Posted by southerngardening24 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 7, 14 at 22:54

Was just wondering if anyone else thinks it's wierd that one of four salvia mona lavender came back this year but my black and blue did not. All were planted next to the brick foundation of the house.

Also had a purple verbena (annual) come back but a perennial blanket flower did not.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mona lavender came back

Isn't Mona lavender a plectranthus?

o

Isnt Mona Lavender a plectranthus??

Cheers Annette

o

yes

o

My Mona Lavender are almost dead.....Can I prune them and they'll come back?? I'm in Florida, not sure if it's from too much rain or possibly bugs!

o

Plectranthus are xeric plants from the Indian Ocean basin with branching up to Japan. Most of the horticultural ones are from xeric areas in South Africa. Their roots do not like lots of moisture and need air.

It's hard to tell if they would survive cutting back. This works fine in pots when they get too big.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here