Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annette68_gw

Salvia Farinacea Cultivar?

annette68_gw
18 years ago

Hi,

I brought a punnet of salvia blue and one of the salvias that flowered has a pale lavender flower on white, a bit like the strata except the flower is pale lavender instead of blue. Does anone know the name of the lavender cultivar?

Thx Annette

Comments (6)

• annette68_gw
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Here is a pic of the salvia and its colour.

Cheers Annette

Here is a link that might be useful:

• tracey_nj6
    18 years ago

Maybe part of S. farinacea "Wedgewood Blend"? The description on my seed packet says "This is a cool mix of soft blue, white and a blue/white bicolor that produces tight spikes of colour on formal upright plants. The overall impression is almost of dwarf lavender". I didn't have much luck finding pics online, which is the case for most seed purchased by 'Lake Valley Seed'. Here's a pic of mine:

• annette68_gw
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Gorgeous pic. thx for the info. The farinacea has got the prettiest smelling flowers. It is divine.

Cheers Annette

• wendeyzee
    18 years ago

I grew salvia Wedgewood blend this year and IM IN LOVE, it is soooo pretty!! So this evening I googled to see if it can be purchased somewhere other than Unwins-lake valley seeds, at least from what I can tell its not something available in the U.S., I did find two companys in the UK.
    I have a few seeds left but would really like more. I really feel lucky to have it in my garden!!
    Wendey

• tracey_nj6
    18 years ago

Wendey; since you're in MA, I'm assuming you have a Christmas Tree Shop near you. They seem to be the only place I can find Unwins/LVS seed at, but they certainly do have a nice selection! I've been purchasing my LVS seeds at CTS for 2 seasons now, and it's something I look forward to. But, they're opening a CTS across the highway from where I work, so I'm in BIG financial trouble ;)

I can't remember what seed/plant it was, but I had purchased some seed two years ago that nobody else sold (besides Unwins), but the following year I saw someone else selling it. Maybe this one will catch on; it really is pretty. I think I have seed left over too, but I don't see any sign of my plant producing seed before it frosts :(

• wendeyzee
    18 years ago

Tracey, thanks for responding, CTS would be where I purchased my seed last year along with many many more. I had so much fun shopping that seed display, I happened to go into the store when they were just finishing up the display so I had the pick of the lot :-) I had fantastic resuts from my seeds. Have you ever wintersowed any seed, I WS these salvia and they are robust and just beautiful. I looked up Unwins seed Co they are in the UK and may have a website for spring. I'll check back at CTS in late winter (end of Feb) again for seeds, I hope they have this one again.
    Best Wishes, Wendey

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services