Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hbwright_gw

B&B and elegans doing poorly

hbwright
17 years ago

Last year I planted 2 elegans and one did wonderfully topping off at about 5 feet in total circumference. The other one next to it maybe 1.5 foot max but looked okay. Both bloomed. I moved the smaller one to a front bed I made this year and also planted 2 B&B in the same area. All 3 started off okay but now are very bare, not growing, edges browning and leaves falling off. I have tried to cut down water and tried to increase water at different times through the season but nothing is working. I ammended with lime to sweeten the soil and amended good at planting time (the whole bed and more in individual holes) and they are very sorry looking. With the increase in heat they are getting worse and worse. I'm tempted to try to dig up, ammend more and replant but they won't survive the heat right now being transplanted. I really want them in this area. It is full sun in the afternoon. I wonder if for the time being I could cut them down to soil level and replant when the intense heat dies down. I'm at a loss of what else to try.

Comment (1)

Sponsored