Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annette68_gw

Dumb Question

annette68_gw
16 years ago

How do I get the pics to load on without having to leave a url link, not very computer literate:)

Annette

Comments (16)

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

I don't think the GardenWeb server allows pasting in images. You do need to set up a web page or use an online gallery.

Pasting in images to GardenWeb threads

http://faq.gardenweb.com/faq/lists/butterfly/2004063437012966.html

I inserted a space between the . If I left them out, all you would see is a broken image icon instead of the text.

• dicot
    16 years ago

Yahoo has a free service called Flikr for uploading your personal photos and the most popular is Photobucket. Both have limits on how much you can store there and require that you have cookies enabled in your browser to use those services. Then you can use the img src command that Rich explained.

If you just want to just use someone else's image on the web for general purposes, you can use Google Image's search function and post the web address (the URL) in the img src field. For example, Robin's salvia in the UK has a beautiful example of S. iodantha.

Its web address is http://www.robinssalvias.com/photos/iodantha2.jpg

I put that in the fields as: using a space between

• annette68_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am trying this.

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

Dicot has a nice image of Salvia purpurea.

When I paste annette68's address in my browser, I get a nice closeup of what I assume is Salvia guaranitica x splendens Black Night. You have to leave out all spaces in the code string except the one between img src

• dicot
    16 years ago

Oops, then Robin has that S. purpurea misidentified on his site as iodantha.

Yup, what Rich said.

• annette68_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok that is the pic I wanted but where do I type

Sorry if I seem dense, I posted it in the message and all I got was the writing, I know it is going to be simple but I am just not getting it LOL.

A.

It is Salvia Black Knight.

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

That line, minus the spaces next to both the lesser and greater than marks goes into the line in the text of the message where you want to insert the image.

It is basically HTML code, and you will see the same lines in email if you force your email to read code as text, or use the code window on HTML editors. Hyper Text Markup Language is what the acronym stands for.

Incidentally, WordPerfect's Reveal Codes demonstrates it is a markup language on that level and works the same way, with different symbols for different functions.

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

You do need a space between the img and src="http://etc-etc-etc-adnausium">;

~~~img src="http://farm2 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ the end is OK

As soon as you remove the space between the

• squirrelspur
    16 years ago

Take out the extra space between the less than sign and the i in img

squirrelspur

• annette68_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks So Much, Now I have got it. This salvia is a hybrid from Australia Salvia 'Mystique'.

Thanks so much for being patient guys.

xxxxxxxxx A.

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

Not quite. Is one of the parents of Salvia `Mystique' blepharophylla? Tell us more about it.

• annette68_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This salvia originated in Pat's garden. I have a feeling that karwinskii or involucrata are involved on one side off the family, the other, not sure.It is a tall growing salvia. Here is a pic off the foliage.

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

I'm guessing it is karwinskii x blepharophylla, the first from your description and the image of the foliage, and the latter from the color and shape of the flowers and the disposition of the calyxes. This is just a guess, of course.

• robinmi_gw
    16 years ago

This could be absolutely anything!

I can see the possible blepharophylla connection, this has crossed with microphylla in the past, with great results.

But the foliage is so different. Gorgeous looking plant, whatever it is.

Robin.

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

Robin:

I copied the images and pasted them in Photoshop. On enlarging the foliage one, I noticed that the emerging spike has a bract shape and arrangement a lot like karwinskii. I'll do a side-by-side comparison of the flowers with blepharophylla later.

Annette:

Did you notice, or can you find out if Salvia blepharophylla (especially Painted Ladies) and S. karwinskii were blooming at the same time in the garden of origin?

• annette68_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Some additional info for you. Salvia Mystique is a chance seedling that was found in Meg Bentley's garden under a microphylla. I am not saying that salvia Blepharophylla is not involved but highly unlikely as this salvia is not a winter flowerer down south whereas karwinskii is.

Annette

Sponsored