Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New greggii hybrids and Salvia ID's

Posted by riverrelaxn85 zone 9a-b, CA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 5, 10 at 17:07

Hello, I am new to this forum but have been selecting salviaxjamensis hybrids for five years at UCR. I have a few of my older hybrids in pictures to view and i need some help with plant IDs. The two purple flowering plants and the blue flowering plant. The blue one was given to me from a landscaper who found the random seedling. The two purples were taken by me but i lost the labels. S. mexicana? i dont know. Should be able to see everything from the below link by clicking on the photostream. But only the greggii and the ones that need to be labeled I am starting a new nursery, and i have many species of salvias. A collection of over 150 different species in germplasm of some sort.

thanks

Link to photostream

Here is a link that might be useful: ID and greggii hybrids

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New greggii hybrids and Salvia ID's

im going to take a few more pictures and add them to the list. the two shrubs with the white bee lines are very different. All of the greggii hybrids are my personal selections from seed. Normal color plant seed. All came from White, cream, or yellow seed of S. greggii. 2169 and 2170 are the same plant and 2200, 2201, 2202 are the same plant. Careful in these pictures there is a little bit of S. disjucta popping its stems through the actual species i need identified.

thanks again

o

I wish I could help you, but others know better, my own salvias tend to be much more basic because of the climate here and not having enough indoor space to go wild with collecting. Your new cultivars of greggii are fantastic - nice work.

o

Hmmm...the smooth-leafed one could be S. mexicana...the others look like S. urica to me...not sure...........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here