Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Salvia seeds

Posted by robinmi UK (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 20, 09 at 17:49

I hope to have seeds of many Salvias, some rare species, at the beginning of November. Contact me via my site
www.robinssalvias.com

Robin.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salvia seeds

Hi Robin,

I'd be interested, thank you! Will you be posting a list there, or should folks just send you a wish list? My list would probably be too long... Though, I am indeed running out of space. Seems I can always tuck in another salvia somewhere; I think it's starting to drive my non-gardening husband mad. :)

-Michelle

o

While we're on the subject of seeds... is it worth trying to collect them from S. elegans? The calyces are so tiny; I'm not really sure if there any in there!

o

Seed list will be sent separately. The link on my site to contact me is broken currently, please email me directly to info@robinssalvias.com then I can add your name to the list which should be available early NOvember. Easier for me if I have all names in one place!

Have hardly ever found seeds on elegans here, it flowers too late. But you should find some in CA.

Robin

o

I too would be interested in Seeds, don't know which ones yet, but it is an offer that does twist my head.

o

2012-2013 list should be ready in 2-3 weeks.

o

Me too, Robin. It's been a rough year in the southeastern USA, with that ton dsy plus of 100 degree plus (F) temperatures. Good summer growing did not start for me until mid-September, and still many sages are late to bloom.

My regla forms are just now hitting their stride, about 5 weeks late. Ditto with the involucratas. Strangely, the hot and early spring seems to have brought better bloom this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here