Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mountainmadman

Rip Off Salvia Websites

mountainmadman
16 years ago

DO NOT BUY FROM WWW.THEBESTSALVIA.COM. THEY ARE CON ARTISTS. I am starting this post to warn of rip off salvia websites. I was ripped off $83.00 by www.thebestsalvia.com. They told me that they switched owners and can no longer process my order and will not refund my money even though they boast a money back guarantee on their website. RIP OFF

Comments (24)

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

No problems here. We are strictly interested in growing Salvia divinorum only as an ornamental and order plants from known horticultural sources.

• dicot
    16 years ago

FYI, mountainmadman, posting about your drug deals gone wrong on on a website where you have to register and your ISP is logged might not be the smartest move either.

• mountainmadman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dicot- FYI Salvia is a legal product in the U.S. and the state I ordered in. In fact, you can buy it at most cigarette stores though the price is inflated. So this is not a drug deal gone bad.

• mountainmadman
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Additional, I am ordering salvia incents so please do not associate this with drugs

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

I think we need to clarify which Salvia we are talking about. Up to now, I've assumed that mountainmadman has been talking about Salvia divinorum, Ska Maria Pastora.

From his last post, it may be Salvia apiana, white sage. This is used for purification rites in smoke lodges and teepees. It helps if one is more specific. Someone in the southwestern USA is missing a small-time business opportunity by not growing apiana. Natural stands are being decimated, according to Bert Wilson of Las Pilitas Nursery

• jimmyjojo
    16 years ago

This guy reminds me of the 20th anniversary best of episode of the TV show "Cops".

A woman called the police and complained that she gave another woman $20 and all she got was a baggie of plaster. The Officer said "And you didn't want plaster, what did you want"? "Did you want crack"? And the first woman said "Yes". The Office then went to the "plaster" saleswoman and asked what had happened. That woman said "I don't want these Crack addicts coming around here, around may babies. I'm NO Crack dealer!!... I'm a prostitute".

• CA Kate z9
    16 years ago

WOW! Jimmyjojo: buying and using incense is a long way off your analogy. I've been known to use incense from time to time, but would hardly consider myself "using drugs".

Rich: apiana is harder to grow than I would have suspected. I've tried growing it on 3 separate areas in my gardens and haven't had it survive yet. I have a cross of apiana and mellifera that is doing quite good, however.

• dicot
    16 years ago

Mountainmadman's post was in reference to purchasing S. divinorum extract, it was for the purpose of getting high and no, its not legal across the US - its on a state by state basis. I stand by my post that its some guy, randomly logging his first ever post at GW, to whine about not getting his drugs.

I'm personally fine with decriminalizing all substances, especially plants, but I come to a gardening website to discuss gardening topics - not which dealers are trustworthy and which aren't.

• jimmyjojo
    16 years ago

Thanks Dicot. I stand by my post too. She ain't NO crack dealer, She's a prostitute.

MMM IS complaining about a sour drug deal. Now if MMM really wants to get high, very high, high enough to send him to the emergency he should go to the Datura Forum and get some of those little seeds ;)

I'm for decriminalizing too. I like to think of drug use as "Culling the Herd".

• ccroulet
    16 years ago

Quoth Mr. Dufresne: "Someone in the southwestern USA is missing a small-time business opportunity by not growing apiana. Natural stands are being decimated, according to Bert Wilson of Las Pilitas Nursery."

S. apiana is reduced or extirpated in some areas, more due to development than harvesting. However, it still grows in extensive stands in many places (e.g. northern San Diego Co.), and many of these areas are within national forests, wilderness areas and natural preserves. Suitable places for cultivation on private land are more apt to be planted in avocados or oranges, which (I assume) probably yield greater revenue and tax benefits to gentleman ranchers.

• ccroulet
    16 years ago

Follow-up: Many of the places I was thinking of as having good populations of S. apiana in San Diego Co. have burnt. Many of the plants will eventually come back, provided there's not another fire in the next several years. This vegetation type is adapted to fire frequencies on the order of several decades apart. If the fires become too frequent, then chaparral and coastal sage scrub are largely replaced by non-native grasses which are even more fire-prone.

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

I was thinking that throughout the southwest, not just California, that landowners with appropriate soil and environment could grow modest patches of S. apiana and earn a little extra money by selling it for incense through a market like a co-op.

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Wow - you learn something new every day. I clicked on this thread thinking this was a person getting ripped off on some plants he ordered. I have Salvia guaranitica 'Black and Blue' and Salvia leucantha - Mexican Bush Sage. I was thinking along those lines - ornamental plants. Come to find out that this is about drugs. I guess some people will use anything they can to get high!

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

Salvia apiana is not used to get anyone high. There is a current fad going around now based on the American Indian purification rite where individuals breathe smoke from smoldering S. apiana inside a tepee. It is not used to get high.

Camphor and eucalyptol are major component of southwestern US sage oils. This may turn out to be just the native equivalent of mom rubbing Vicks on a sick child's chest

• jimmyjojo
    16 years ago

I may be wrong BUT... I went to the website in question and I can't find ANY incense for sale, just divinorum extract.

What did MMM order for $83? Just incense? Or including incense?

MMM Quote "FYI Salvia is a legal product in the U.S. and the state I ordered in. In fact, you can buy it at most cigarette stores though the price is inflated. So this is not a drug deal gone bad."

Salvia is a legal product in the U.S. "and the state I ordered in"?

Question: If MMM was ordering just incense, then why would he defend "Salvia" as a legal product in the state he ordered from? And is this incense what you can buy at most cigarette stores or is it extract?

• ccroulet
    16 years ago

I'd agree that anyone considering planting a patch of jojoba might consider S. apiana instead.

• CA Kate z9
    16 years ago

cc: what jojoba are you talking about? Here in CA Jojoba is a tree with a fruit crop.

• ccroulet
    16 years ago

Jojaba is shrub, Simmondsia chinensis (despite which it doesn't come from China), native to the southwestern deserts. The seed is a source of oil. Las Pilitas says it grows to 12 feet! All the ones I've ever seen were less than waist high.

• rich_dufresne
    16 years ago

I think it is time to put this thread away. We are getting too off-topic.

MMM refers to incense in a third post:
    "Additional, I am ordering salvia incents so please do not associate this with drugs"

This clearly to me does not refer to a different delivery form of divinorum. I could only make sense of it as a reference to S. apiana (definitely not a legal high), which is the direction where I hoped this discussion would have proceeded.

For those interested in more on S. divinorum, go to http://www.sagewisdom.org/, which will have information on all related topics.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Salvia divinorum Research and Information Center

• bestsalvia
    16 years ago

This client had ordered from the previous owner...We had taken over the business on Oct 6 2007

This client had paid by e check for his order...
    His check did not clear in time...

and previous owner had refunded funds in full..

There is no way a client can be riped off by credit card or paypal...They would be refunded in full by those companies ...without any problems...

We are interested in multiple sales, and not just one sale...

customer service is very important to us... lowest prices, lab tested, best quality...

We have close to 700 satisfied customers that keep coming back..

Thanks mate..

admin@thebestsalvia.com

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    16 years ago

I'm for decriminalizing too. I like to think of drug use as "Culling the Herd".

LMAO!

• littleonefb
    16 years ago

I'm right there with you chemocurl. "culling the herd" that's a good one.

Time to put this thread to bed for good. Too absurd to read and follow.

• jimmyjojo
    16 years ago

Quote: MMM refers to incense in a third post:
    "Additional, I am ordering salvia incents so please do not associate this with drugs"

Question: If MMM really ordered incense it would say incense on the website and on his order form/shopping cart. Then why would he not know how to spell the word properly? He would have seen the word correctly spelled on the website. I can't believe the website would have it spelled wrong.

Plus, it now appears MMM may have fibbed about being ripped off.

Best Salvia Quote - "This client had paid by e check for his order...
    His check did not clear in time...

and previous owner had refunded funds in full.. "

And if MMM fibbed about one part of the transaction... Well, odds are he might have about the "incents" as well. The evidence is mounting and it's not looking good for MMM.

• ccroulet
    16 years ago

Hey, it gave me a chance to talk about Salvia apiana and jojoba. The thread isn't a total waste.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop company in Loudoun County, VA