Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Salvia Ullignosa Seeds

Posted by PeterLS N Yorks, UK (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 25, 05 at 11:04

I saw this beautiful plant for the first time this year, and would love to get hold of some seed. I have Googled but cannot find any seed for sale anywhere, and it is not in any of the catalogues. As it is not hardy in this part of the country it is not offered as a plant. I am in the UK. Does anyone know who sells this in the UK, or would any kind person be willing to send me some seed. I have a range of perennial seeds I would be willing to send back in exchange.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salvia Ullignosa Seeds

I am sure it is available as a plant somewhere in the UK. As to the seed, try Google again, but use Salvia uliginosa as the search term.

o
RE: Salvia Ulignosa Seeds

Thanks Rich. Yes it is available as a plant in the UK on Google, but plants are not very easy things to send by post. I really wanted seeds, so I could plant a drift of several plants interspersed with something like Verbena Bonariensis. I had originally Googled using only one l in the name. I saw someone in a previous post had used two ls and I used that as I was too lazy to check the spelling. But thanks for your comment.

A very nice gentleman from the UK - Robin Middleton has just e-mailed me to says that he thinks he will be able to send me some seed. I would like to publically thank him and also to say how much I appreciate this and the other forums. I have only recently taken up gardening but the knowledge and help that I have found in three years on the internet is greater than what would have been available in a lifetime for most people BG (Before Google).

o
RE: Salvia Ullignosa Seeds

The correct spelling is uliginosa.

Robin.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here