Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
High Country Gardens closes shop

Posted by rich_dufresne z7 NC (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 1:52

Bad news! David Salman has been forced to shut down High Country Gardens because of the combination of the drought and weakened economy.

http://www.highcountrygardens.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: High Country Gardens closes shop

Wow

o

It is a real shame. The plant coding in his catalogue was hugely helpful in my own efforts in a xeric deer infested garden in New Jersey. Without that help and many of his plants I don't know where the garden would be. I am sorry I never thanked him.

o

David Salman's main contribution was his providing plants for our arid southwestern climate, especially through retail Internet business. His local retail business, Santa Fe Greenhouses, Inc., also has closed.

o

Wow! Over the last 15 years I've bought soooo many plants from High Country Gardens. I will truly miss them.

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 9:54

It is indeed sad to see the nurseries going away. Most of the plants offered by HCG would not do very well in Delaware climate, however, I bought other things such as soil amendments and the like. Where will I find Yum Yum Mix now?

o

It looks like there was a reversal of misfortune:

High Country Gardens is supposed to be coming back as a mail order business.

o

• Posted by gerris2 Zone 7a Delaware (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 21:42

Wow, things are looking up!

o

Hurrah! Please keep us informed with any new info.

o

I bought plants from their catalog this spring. So they are back in business.

o

The company changed hands, moved their stock and grow out operation up to Denver, and with the new team, they had some serious issues this past summer fulfilling orders. I hope they get this sorted out, they're great folks and a great resource.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here