Return to the Salvia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help identify this plant - Salvia??

Posted by laperouse 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 12, 06 at 8:00

Hi all you Salvia efficionados!

I usually don't post here but I had a question about a picture from one of my gardening books. It's on the flap jacket so there is no caption describing the plants in the picture. I had to dumb down the picture a lot in order to post it and there is some text in the way making it a bit more difficult to actually see the plant but I'd be grateful if someone would take a stab at it and give me an opinion as to whether this might be a Salvia and, if so, which kind, since I'd love to add that plant to my garden.

Please check it out on the Gallery page of the Perennial forum. I couldn't figure out how to post it here.

Thanks a bunch.
Marianne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help identify this plant - Salvia??

Marianne, I went to both the Home and Garden Galleries on the Perennials Forum and could not find any Salvia images. Which of the two galleries is it in, and what is the date of the posting?

o

Firstly, that should be "afficionados" ! Secondly, the post is on the Perennial Forum's subforum "Gallery" and was posted on 11 December. Thanks for any help you can give.

Marianne

o
Link for Perennial Gallery

This is the link to the Perennial Gallery to enable you to find the message I posted. Thanks so much.

Marianne

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture

o

The resolution is way too small to tell. It could as easily be some sort of composite.

o

Rich,

What do you mean by composite?

o

If I'm looking at the right plant in the photo, I'd say the foliage looks like either delphinium or aconitum.

o

Karen,

I think you could be right. It does look like Delphinium foliage, doesn't it.

Thanks for your help, everybody.
Marianne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Salvia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here