Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

WANTED: Anyone ever here?

brandon7 TN_zone7
18 years ago

Just wondering why someone isn't leaving a message that goes something like, "20 different types gladly sent for postage." (-;

Comments (13)

• gardenmadness
    18 years ago

Brandon, you are such a tease! I got all psyched someone actually had something to trade. I'll leave another shout out to this ghost town and see if I get any responses next post...

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, I guess it was just the only way I could think of to see if anyone was still alive on this forum. I only have 1 type of Sansevieria. I don't know what kind it is, but figure it is probably the most common type available. I went to the Buffalo Botanical Garden, saw about a hundred different types of these plants, and kinda got hooked.

The one I have is variagated, light green around the edges with alternating stripes of medium and light green inside. It seems to grow to about 18" (so far at least). If anyone has different types that they would want to trade for this, I would be game.

• gardenmadness
    18 years ago

Brandon,
    I might be able to help you out with your collection if you are interested in any of the Sans I listed in the latest trade post. I also have 'Moonshine', if you'd like it. All I ask is for postage. Email me if you are interested.
    Is your Sans yellow around the edges or truly light green? Is the medium and light green striping horizontal or vertical? Just trying to figure out what you've got...

• dufflebag2002
    17 years ago

I'm here, but no one responded. Dufflebag2002

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

dufflebag, I looked for your post but didn't see the one you were talking about. What post did you post that no one responded to?

• rhodostom
    17 years ago

Brandon,

If you only have one, go to Bob Smoley's web page. He sells an assortment of 10 different sansevieria's for pretty cheap. Buy two:)

-Michael

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Michael. My collection has grown in the past year. I currently have over 15 varieties of Sans. I am familiar with Bob Smoley's Gardenworld although I have never purchased from them. I think one reason I haven't is because I wasn't sure what to expect. I saw a note on their website that said something like some plants might only be cuttings. I figured I wouldn't take the chance when I can buy most of what I'm looking for elsewhere with actual pics before I buy. So far, most of the ones I have are medium sized (large for house plants) robust and healthy plants. What's your experience been with Bob Smoley's?

• rhodostom
    17 years ago

He is a bit slow, but I got very nice pieces of plants. All with thick rhizomes. This was probably 5-7 years ago.

-m

• dufflebag2002
    17 years ago

I am lookiing for a few myself, and have many species to trade. I have over 200 plants of Sansevieria in my greenhouse, Looking for the following: S. grandis, S. robusta, S. liberica S. nitida, S. perrotii, S. scimitariformis S. volkensii. I will trade for anything unusual. Thanks, Norma

• dufflebag2002
    17 years ago

Found my S. grandis, S. liberica . So now I would like to find the above species that are left.
    I have a little short dark leaf species called S. grandis-rosea HBG 61019 UCBerkley Garden ex Werner Rauh I have about 6 of these for trade. They remind me of a Hahnii and may be. They have short dark green leaves. I need to know when you trade do you send the full pot full, or just a few heads. I have never traded a San. Plant plant before. Norma

• dufflebag2002
    17 years ago

Right here, I thought this was the most popular place to be, and thought you were teasing when you said no one was here, that it was a ghost town. I have a very large collection but always looking for the few species that I don't have, and they are out there, but I don't live in Europe. S. gandis-rosea goes by a different name of S. subspicata it it seems to be a miniature growing very close to the ground, and will make a nice ground cover under a tree, it has dark green leaves.

Brandon if you send me your address, I would be glad to share one with you, no need to send anything in return. I can't understand why people don't offer you some starts, I belong to another forum, we offer plants all the time freely. Norma

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

I check all of the time and was excited to see a new post I have 4 types of sans and would love to be able to find more specially twisted sister and moon glow if you still havent found any trades let me know and I will let you know what I have
    Heather

• flicker
    17 years ago

Norma, I just bought sans trifasciata robusta and another called black robusta ( also the trifasciata). I would trade if you are interested in these. I would like javanica and bally.
    Johanna