Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
unknown...possibly sans?

Posted by kjtessanne 5 Col, OH (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 6, 05 at 17:35

I have a noid that I think is a sans, but I don't know for sure. What do you all think? The pic is a little dark, sorry. Also, there are some older leaves that are a bit wrinkled. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: noid

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: unknown...possibly sans?

It does look very shrivelled. It's something unusual though, I'd baby it if I was you! I think it might be something like horwoodii.

o

Hi Kim,

I don't know what it is (I'd say def. a Sans tho'). I have a new one just like it, especially like the growth yr. pic shows in the lower right hand corner. Very nice whatever it is!

o

I agree with the others. The leaves look like they might be juvenille forms. Do you know where you got the plant? Or how old it might be? Are the leaves stiff? Leathery?
How about "Grandis Rosea" a juvenille form of S. subspicata.

o

It's pretty small, so most likely it is juvenile. I got the plant off ebay with an assortment of items...sort of mixed box. No labels but it was cheap I remember. The leaves aren't real stiff, similar to trifasciata leaves. They are a tad leathery. I can't seem to find any pictures of grandis rosea for comparison online, and the subspicata pic I found had striations. Perhaps they gain these when they get older?

Kim

o

• Posted by Trond Z5, Norway (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 19, 05 at 12:26

Looks a bit like S. grandis...

T

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here