o
Looking for ID...(It is triasciata??)

Posted by Jeffery_0415 none (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 23, 13 at 1:11

Hi! All,
I bought it few month ago.
but seller didn't provide the name.
I was wondering if anyone can ID it.

I alos found the same plant at below page.
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h172510960
the sller said it is SANSEVIERIA CONSPICUA `RAMOS`.

Thank you in advance,

Jeffery

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for ID...(It is triasciata??)

Sorry! I forgot uploaded the image.

o

That does not look like trifasciata. The pic is not real clear but the leaves are mostly round/cylindrical, yes? Where did you find this plant? Hard to say but if it is from a big box store, supermarket type place it may indeed be a young Sansevieria cylindrica. If it is from a specialty nursery there are a lot of species it could be....

o

Can't say what it is, but I guess it comes from the world famous Angel Ramos (Hawaii). Does " yahoo.co.jp " mean You bought it in Japan?????????????

o

Jeffery,
No trifasciata that I have seen. Can you post more pictures? It is really hard to ID a sans sometimes.

Chris, I am losing a lot of sans right now. Mostly old growth and some old leaves. Hope spring comes soon or I may really be crying. Strangely yours are doing fine for me.
Stush

o

Hi Stush,

Any idea why you're losing the plants, like what's wrong w/ them? Overwatering or too cold?

I'm losing a couple of plants (a Hoya & a Sans). due to erratic generator sourced heat in my apmt, post Hurricane Sandy damage. Got home last night to find an exotic Hoya (cutting was a gift) was crashing - GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

o

Hi! all,

many thanks for your reply.
I bought it from a specialty nursery in Taiwan.

I uploaded more picture.
this plant is adult plant.

Thank you in advance,

Jeffery

o

More picture.
It is possible one variety of Sansevieria conspicua.

I don't have Sansevieria conspicua,I find some Sansevieria conspicua picture from internet.
below is link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35861132@N06/4713789981/
http://flickriver.com/photos/seth-o/4893638564/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/seth-o/4521685781/

Thank you in advance,

Jeffery

o

Jeffery,
No I think yours is much nicer and no way is a Sansevieria conspicua. But I hope some of our experts come in and give you a better ID.
Karen,
Cold, by my window. I moved them back some two weeks ago but when we hit -2 degrees, I think that damaged some of my sans on that window area. Just turned to much and can't even save the leafs. The rhizome may be ok. I put cinnamon on the exposed pieces. I still got lots to share come spring just less of others.
Stush

o

Hey, Jeffery, please : how can You get plants from ebay.jp and auctions.Yahoo.jp ?? When I try bidding , a message pops up saying "Forbidden article". Do You have the address of some good Korean or Japanese nurseries ?

o

Jeffery,
For now I would go with SANSEVIERIA CONSPICUA `RAMOS'. It does look like the one first pictured. It is a great find. I would love to see how it develops in a few years. It is something different than what I am used to seeing. Well done.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here