Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free Saneivieria

Posted by shear_stupidity 9B (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 10:23

Come get some or all, you dig. Or if you have something to trade, and are local, I will dig it up and meet you!

Some of these are 5' tall, but they've flopped over...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free Saneivieria

They're flowering! Hope you can get your nose in there to smell them!

o

They're CONSTANTLY flowering. And they're sorta under a grapefruit tree that's flowering right now, too. Smells delicious in that little-visited corner.

o

LOL! The grass is always greener... Us poor saps in colder places rarely get to see/smell one.

So they're not in full sun and have mulched themselves with tons of leaves? Interesting!

o

They're kinda a funny little story. I begged a friend five years ago for some of her Mother-In-Law-Tongue. She gave me about five leaves that were about 12-24" tall. Since it wasn't enough for what I wanted to do with them, I left them in the bucket of water she brought them over in and put them on the side of the house to deal with later. They were in mostly shade.
Two years later, I got around to it. LOL! I had to cut the pot to get them out, and they'd warped the bucket BADLY. There were so MANY of them! I spread them out a bit and plopped them in full sun. I mean sun-up-to-sun-down hot Florida sun! They lived there for a year, but I wanted to put something else in that location. So I dug them up and put them in a new location in almost total shade. After another year, I decided that they're so dark, and the shade is so dark, you can't really see them there, so I dug them up and put them back in full sun in a new location. They stayed there for six months, then I dug them up again and put them in this corner Where they get about an hour or so of sun per day. The leaves have fallen from my Laurel Oaks on the other side of the gate. Ironically, the leaves have only been falling for about two weeks now, so they were no help when we had those three light frosts this past winter.
I have never watered them, not even during hot dry spells... and not even when they lived in an empty bucket. I've never fed them. And twice when they were in the sun, I've mowed them down to the ground. So that's all my Sansevieria-growing-"tips." LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here