Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A miracle!

Posted by melissa_thefarm NItaly (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 16, 08 at 12:34

I have a young, growing collection of Sansevierias as part of my gardening life. My husband doesn't like them. He's not much of a plant enthusiast himself, but insofar as he likes plants at all, he wants flowers, the bigger and brighter the better. Shades of green and plant architecture don't do it for him at all, especially when the plants have to live indoors in the winter, and he grumbles at my worthless Sans. and incomprehensible enthusiasms.

Anyway, today he brought me home a Sansevieria he found at Coop that he thought I would like. Surprise number two, he recognized it as a kind I didn't have! I wouldn't have thought he'd be able to tell, but he was right. The Sansevieria is possibly one of the Futura group, tulip shaped leaves midway in height between the tall trifasciatas and the Hahniis. The leaves have a strong gold border like 'Laurentii' and inside are deep rich green practically without crossbanding. It's a nice plant, and I have a good, good husband.

Melissa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A miracle!

Congratulations! What do you think it is?
Maybe 'Midnight Shine' or a large 'Jade Dwarf Marginated'?
Either way, good!

o
RE: A miracle!

woodnative,
The coloring of my new Sansevieria is the same as 'Jade Dwarf Marginated', but my plant is taller than the classic 'Hahnii', which I thought was about the height of 'Jade Dwarf Marginated'. I don't know 'Midnight Shine'. Yes, I am happy about my new plant, AND the way it came to me.
Melissa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here