Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My only sans

Posted by michael1846 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 14:26

This is my only sans. It came from a cutting from a plant in a hotel I was at. It's nice right. I let it dry out for a few days only watering it 2 times a week. Or less. It drys out so fast which is great. How do you suggest it to grow faster. I love this fourm btw.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My only sans

Hello Michael 1845. Happy new year and welcome. You seem to be doing okay without any advice. Your Sansevieria trifasciata looks quite happy. Depending on it's environment, a leaf could grow to over 3 feet and in time will fill that pot it's in. The forum is a little slow during the winter. Many of us are resting and gathering strength for the spring.

o

Yes, it looks fine. When it's hot and the days are long this summer, it can grow faster.

More concerning is the hanging plant to the left. Syngonium?

o

Purple it's shamrock oxalis why? And thanks guys I down potted it to a clay pot today and it looks so good!

o

Shush wasn't it your birthday in december?

o

Michael, it would be much more 'normal' for Oxalis to have some dead leaves hanging down like that (than Syngonium.) Nevermind!

o

Purple it's ok I'm overrun with oxalis at the moment so i stuff them every where.

o

Cool! Have you experimented to see if it will survive outside (if that is an option?) I stuff plants into other plants too. If Oxalis wasn't hardy here, I would be stuffing it too.

o

Yes! I put some in my host a garden this year. I left it there and we will see if it comes back. I'm actually going to buy more green in march. Because my some of my green is acting funny.

o

Mike,
Yes it was my birthday last month. I am 39 years old again. I have one son who pased me up already. I don't mind. My wife refuses to go over 32 years. Remember Jack Benny. Actually, I turned 60.
BTW, agreed with the advise. Nice to have plant souvenirs from places we have been to. Brings back fond memories.

o

Am I the only one for whom messages are showing up in discussions way late, like this about Stush's B-day wasn't here when I last posted. The first few times, I thought it was just because I'm almost 36 again, but this can't be just me. Happy B-day Stush! My son stole my B-day, I don't miss it.

o

Lol I'm going to buy my 2nd sans next week btw

o

Mike,
Don't be in too much of a hurry. Come summer, the big box stores will have them and on discount. Why pay $6 now when come summer maybe $2. Unless it's a special kind and can get only now. I would wait untill the weather warms up, like spring.
Stush.

o

I has a gift card and they had some sans.........so I got a new one :) I probably wouldn't have if I didn't have a gift card

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here