Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tall and Leaning Dracaena

Posted by HeatherinMI (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 30, 05 at 21:41

Very nice board you have here. I have been lurking and reading for a while now. I have a question for y'all, and would appreciate any help.
I have a
Botanical: DRACAENA FRAGRANS 'MASSANGEANA'
Common: CORN PLANT
http://www.zone10.com/plnt_img/606.jpg

It's 8' tall and is leaning pretty bad. I've been trying to figure out what I should stake it with, but from what I have been reading, I would be better off "double containering" it. (Leave it in the container it came in, and put that inside the decorative one). My question is, would that help with the stability of it? And is there any other ideas out there?
TIA, Heather

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tall and Leaning Dracaena

Did you mean to post this question here at the Sansevieria Forum? You'll likely get better responses if you post it at Houseplants Forum. I can't even try answering as I don't grow any Dracaenas.

o

I have a method that might work, as long as the whole plant is leaning, not just from half-way up, for instance. I lift the soil ball out completely (with the plant, of course :-)) and put it back in the pot slanting the root ball so that the plant is now standing straight. Then I fill in compost all around up to the level of the highest point of the compost and there you go! Failing that, a temporary staking might do the trick, with a raspberry cane or anything straight and rigid you can find like that. You'll probably have to use some light plastic-covered wire to attach the main part of the plant to the stake, but it needn't be for ever !

o

LOL Thanks Pirate Girl. I sure did put it in the wrong section.

And Thank you Marguerita~ It does lean all the way up. I am going to try the root ball thing. x x

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here