Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jderosa_gw

Monthly checkup

jderosa
20 years ago

Well, not much is happening in my plant room these days. I've successfully forced dormancy in just about all the Sansevierias, and flowering looks ot be pretty much complete for the year. This was another year that no seeds were set, but it is tough when I only get one plant to flower at a time. I guess that my plants are all unable to self pollinate. This will have to do, as I don't have any choise in the matter, but I would like to try to grow some from seed, as I have tried all other propegation methods with some success.

Many of my plants did put up some new growths (more about this in a couple of months when I'll need to trade some excess plants), but all of the new growth has stayed pretty small, indicating that dormancy has been achieved.

I was able to get a few new plants in the past two months, including a nice S. kirkii 'Copertone' with great coloration, a large trifasciata type that is currently unidentified, and a small variegated trifasciata clone with black/green centers and bright yellow edges.

I guess I'll have more to report in April when things start up again.

Joe 'roger and out' DeRosa

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio