Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID help, please!

Posted by josmik none (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 13 at 7:06

Bought this one two years ago in a hypermarket in 6 cm pot. It had only 4 tiny leaves and it was in a tray with other different succulents marked 'Mini mix green'. The declaration said it was produced in Denmark. No other remarks. I repotted it instantly. In a slow growing manner it enhanced the rossete and produced one pup which by the time reached the size of mother plant - about 28 cm. The leaves tend to be just slightly curved. Could this be kind of Dwarf Laurentii or maybe a kind of Twisted Sister?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID help, please!

Very nice plants. They are Sansevieria trifasciata Futura Superba.

o

Stush, your plant is beautiful! Thank you very much for your help :)

o

Hi Josmik! Very nice plants you have there! I thought of twisted sister too as a possibility. If it has yellow variegation through the center of the leaves it might be a futura medio picta. Not sure though...

o

Thank you Lovemysans! There's no central variegation on the leaves on this plant. For now it's closest to Futura Superba but kind of dwarf. I have several Futura Superbas (see pic) but they are much bigger plants than this one. Maybe I still have to wait for some time.. :)
josmik

o

That is one extremely nice growing plant. Well done Losmik..

o

Hi Josmik! I agree with Stush! Keep doing what you're doing!

You and Stush are probably right about the name...

o

Thanks to Stush and Lovemysans! I'll keep you informed
:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here