Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Size matters :)

Posted by LauraRobichaud 5b Mass. (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 10:27

Hey everyone! Until I recently purchased my current three sans, the only ones I've lived with were ones my mom had eons ago. They were really tall and occasionally flopped over, so i wanted to stay away from really tall sans. My new three are about a foot tall and all have pups.

My question is do you feel that these varieties will grow tall like many I've seen? I'm sure they are mature because they have pups, but I'm not sure, given the environments they were raised in if they've only grown to 1foot tall because they've been stunted or if they are as tall as they will be given their varieties.

I know the middle is moonshine, do you know what the names of the other two are? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Size matters :)

Here's a better pic of the one on the left.

o

They all look like "futura" type plants......which do not grow as tall as the common trifasciata but do grow taller than the short "Birdnest" (hahni) cultivars. I like these futura plants for the reason you mentioned. I think you do have 'Moonshine' and perhaps Robustaand not sure what the edhed one is.....

o

Hi Laura! Cute trio!

Ok here's my attempt to name these guys! The one on the left looks like a trifasciata Robusta. The right one looks like a trifasciata "black gold" superba.

None of these usually grow very tall.

o

Thanks to both of you for the info. Sometimes it's hard to search for info if you don't know what keywords to put into the search box. I really lucked out with my first sans...it seems they should stay about the size I'd like them to. The word is SHOULD. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here