Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leaves falling down

Posted by carole_ann z6 TN (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 15, 04 at 10:55

Hello
I have about a 6 yr. old Snake Plant aka Mother in laws tongue. It's been fine up until this year when the outer leaves have started falling down and out instead of standing straight up! It's as if the plants is "letting go to gravity" if that makes sense. The very middle ones are straight up though. I haven't changed anything about it. All I can think is I may be watering too much? It has only bloomed once and that is when it was neglected for a long time and sat dried out in a tiny pot ignored. Am I over mothering this plant? SHould I cut off the outer leaves?? It looks unruly.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leaves falling down

possibly... I know they're succulents, and mine are only happy when I treat them badly...

o
RE: leaves falling down

• Posted by Wankel South Carolina (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 11, 04 at 21:03

Did you water the plant and then have the plant exposed to cold temperatures?

The flip side is that you might not have watered enough. Even though I don't water mine very much during the winter, this afternoon I found a sans with fallen leaves that were also wilted badly... hadn't watered it enough.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here