Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lme5573

Early Valentine's Day Sans

lme5573
11 years ago

With so much snow and cold, I had a terrible case of cabin fever. My husband had to get gas for the snowblower, and he stopped at Horrock's on the way home.

Yippee - I found two sans. One of them is Black Coral, very dark green, and lighter green chevrons. It is larger than any plant I own, the longest leaf is more than 24". I took a picture, but it doesn't show the black leaves to good advantage.

The second one is a hahnii, I think. I was looking for Gold Hahnii, but this was the only one they had. I think it is Dwarf Jade Marginata. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It has yellow margins and the inside green part is solid dark green, no pattern at all. I looked them all over, and chose one that had 2 good sized pups. This morning I noticed some mature leaves have cracks down the center. One is actually split, the others are just a white line, but I can feel a start of a split.

What would cause the split? Too much water? Too cold? I will attach other pictures of my plant. Thanks! Lennie in frosty sw lower Michigan.

Comments (7)