Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blutarski_gw

2500 dollar sans?

blutarski
16 years ago

Is this ridiculous, or is this plant that rare and sought after?

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=170194958262

Comments (8)

• jover
    16 years ago

People seem to be prepared to pay this type of money for not especially rare plants.
    The ehrenbergii is a slow grower but I think you can find it in many private collections.
    It can take up to 1,5 year before small plants start to appear from leafcuttings, it depends the clone.
    The seller must be happy, and very happy when he really receives the money.
    The buyer will be happy that he obtained a rare plant.
    But whe as observers are astonished, knowing that you can get this type of plants for much and much less money.
    Here a photo of some plants I divided last year from a S. ehrenbergii from Yemen.
    I have some more ehrenbergii leafcuttings with plants.
    I even exhanged 1 pot with 3 small plants for some other type of sansevierias last week.
    The friend which I gave the pot of ehrenbergii emailed me yesterday and we joked about changing our profession and sell plants on Ebay.
    That is how I see it the seller has a reputated name so people just buy blindly from him.
    But on the moment other people enter in this world prices will drop.

Saludos Herman

PS the S. ehrenbergii from the the Arabic part are now called S. 'Salaf' and separated from the ehrenbergii coming from the African part.

S. ehrenbergii (Yemen) leafcut with small plants

• stokesjl
    16 years ago

as much as i love my sans' 2500 dollars is completely out of the question. sheesh.

• dufflebag2002
    16 years ago

And it is a common plant here. Slow but common, I know the seller, mostly they are sold in the orient or out of country else where. Small one worth $25.00 to $50.00 depending on size, height, how many leaves. The Hunting has these. Norma

• dufflebag2002
    16 years ago

I only have the African plant. Norma

• GrowHappy
    16 years ago

Norma, will the Huntington be selling this one mail order come Spring? I saw that you said they would be offering more of a selection this Spring.

I'm very intersted.

Shanika

• stephania
    16 years ago

I know the buyer personally, it seem a nut, but actually this is a speculative game.

• dufflebag2002
    16 years ago

Come Spring, they will have S. 'Forscate' for sell, I think he is charging $37.50 I don't know what it would go for on Ebay. He is offering only 100 of them. First come first serve basis, and we will be having sales every weekend in April if it doesn't rain. Thanks for asking, Norma

• dufflebag2002
    16 years ago

I don't think the Hungtinton Gardens has that one from Northern Africa. I may have several clones of S. ehrenbergii. Notice that white thin edge on the leaves. Norma