Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID help needed

Posted by hanzrobo 11 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 21:39

Hello Sans people! Some of you may know me from the cacti & succulent forum. I have a few Sansevierias that I love and they grow very well for me. I find the genus fascinating, honestly, I just don't have enough room to go crazy with them. I grow a wide variety of succulents with a focus on Mesembs. I've made a practical decision to mostly avoid certain groups like Cacti, Euphorbia and (sorry) Sansevieria, otherwise you folks would probably know me better.

Anyhow, I couldn't avoid picking up this little beauty today. I was hoping someone here would be able to help me out.
Photobucket

Thanks,
Ryan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID help needed

Howdy Ryan,
That look like S.trifasciata hahnii 'Streaker' Very nice looking!

Planto

o

Thanks, Planto! That seems like a solid ID to me:) I think I'll put it in a nice pot and bring it inside.

o

Ryan,
Sure thing. When it pups, it may have a pup that looks the same as Momma or it may revert and be all green. Just to let you know so you're not surprised if you get an all green pup.

Planto

o

Of course we know you Ryan,
Welcome to our world. Here's mine (bottom two pictures). You'll find the hahnii group a nice section to own. Where did you find yours?
Stush

o

Ryan-
Great find........one of my favorite Sans and not too fussy to grow! I really like the looks of it.
Stush-
Those guys look GREAT!!! Well cared for and well grown!!!! -Chris

o

Thanks again, you guys.

Stush, yours look great! I found mine at our local nursery/garden center, the Green Thumb. I also found some other really nice plants there the other day. I'll post them at the cacti/succ forum, hold on to your socks!

I'm sure I'll be back here. There are some Sans' that I won't be able to pass up if I come across them.

o

Gosh Ryan, wish I could go with you. I need to get out of the great frozen north. Starting to go stir crazy. Only two to three more months to go.

Chris, With all my bad luck. Those are doing great in the same location as my Gold Hahnii. Go figure.
Stush

o

Hi all I can't grow the S. hahnii, The only one I can ID is streaker. I can't ID San. from a picture well most of them, except the really different'ones. I will not attempt to do so. I'm just not that good. Far too many hybrids now from Thailand. Let me give you an example I have four S. humiflora from four different respected growers they do't look alike and I doubt if any one of them is the real species, except the one given to me by the only non-pro. So, I don't put a name on. Just the name of the person who sent it to me and from what country or nursery. Norma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here