Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brodyjames_gw

Smiling!!!!!

brodyjames_gw
14 years ago

I am a Wisconsinite currently visiting Arizona and have made it my mission to find Sans that I cannot get back home. I have found (but not yet purchased) a golden hahnii, and today I found a pot with 3 Sans. francisii! I purchased it immediately as it was the only one. I don't know how rare this plant is for all of you, but I've had a great big smile on my face all day!

Comments (3)

• norma_2006
    14 years ago

That makes me happy, and to find one with three in one pot, makes me smile as well. They are not a rare plant, and have been around for quiet a while, but I don't know how many on this forum has one, I got my first one 18 years ago from Juan Chahinian as a gift, and my second one from Hermine Stover as a gift. I now grow these from a left pushed into the soil about 1/2" down, in a tiny 1-2" pot 1/2 filled with soil, I wait a week then water, Smily I hope you try this out as soon as your weather turns hot. Peel a bottom leaf off and let the group know how you do, I have had no luck in sending pictures, or I don't know yet, four was sent approx. 11:00 this morning. Norma

• brodyjames_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Went out again today and picked up the golden hahnii and another dwarf variety (as yet unidentified). Saw a 3 foot tall specimen of kirkii for $30....too much $$$ for me, and too big to take on the plane :( Will continue the hunt until I leave on Saturday!

• brodyjames_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Went to the Botanical Gardens and found an S. spicata! Last plant purchase for this trip. Already making a list of what to look for on the next one!

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x