Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnigbur

Spotted and Cracked Sans Leaves

mnigbur
19 years ago

I have a beautiful Sans that I received that needed some help. I have repotted it, staked it and have givin it a lot of love since it was WWWAAAAYYYY over watered. Some of the leaves are very healthy, but about 50% of them are spotted badly, or cracked halfway up the stalk. What should I do? Do I need to cut them down, I would hate to lose such a large amount of the plant. Thanks for any suggestions!

Mnigbur

Comments (3)

• pirate_girl
    19 years ago

Hi there,

Sorry no one has answered so far, awfully quiet around here.

Sorry too, to say that tho' I grow a dozen or so different Sans. plants, I know of no way to cure/fix scarred or damaged leaves. Personally, I'd cut them off but I see you mentioned it's 50% of the leaves, yeah, that's a lot. Then again if you cut off a few of the most damaged ones, you could probably still use 'em to start new & healthy plants.

• mnigbur
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I would just like to say thanks Pirate Girl for finally answering my question of a MONTH!! I went to a different website that actually helps.

• pirate_girl
    19 years ago

Hi Mnigbur,

You're welcome, glad to be of help on this.

Pls. don't keep us in suspense, can you tell us what site you found that helped? Good luck in yr. San's recovery (& making more plants from its scrap leaves).