Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hahnii "Cream"

Posted by roberto2 none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 9:44

This is the last arrival from Indonesia. They call it "Cream hahnii". Never seen before. Paid a ridiculous price. It is beside my "Wide bands" hahnii (which is the normal shade of green). Is there any "official" cultivar name for this thing?

C:\Users\Roberto\Pictures\2013-03-08\051.JPG

C:\Users\Roberto\Pictures\2013-03-08\052.JPG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hahnii "Cream"

C:\Users\Roberto\Pictures\2013-03-08\051.JPG

o

I have never seen either of those though the "cream" looks like it may be close to the varietaion you find in Golden hahnis......though different. I never saw the wide bands either.............I like htat and should look great as it clumps. Keep us updated!

o

Very nice plant, Roberto2. I'm not aware of any name for it. I like both your "normal green" plant and this lighter variegated form.

You said you paid too much, but a wise person once said to me if you see something that REALLY grabs you, and you can't keep your eyes off it, that you should buy it because you will always regret it if you don't.

o

Many thanks, Michaela, for Your sympathetic comment: someone will call it "compulsive shopping".....

o

- My name is Wendy, Golden Wendy -.

C:\Users\Roberto\Pictures\2013-03-09\007.JPG

o

Wow, Robert, what a nice hahii Golden Windy. You must have some collection by now.
Stush

o

Roberto, This 'Golden Windy'? is another beautiful, and beautifully grown, Hahnii. It is hard to grow without any blemishes. I really think it already has a name which is 'Hahnii Solid Gold'. I am attaching a picture and write-up from Juan Chahinian's Trifasciata book, published 1986 that discusses this plant.

o

Mike,
Far be it from me to question you. But Solid Gold came from a mutation and is quite hard to grow. The one above seems to have a lot more green in the edges to help this problem out. But with so little green to get food from it will probaby be just as hard to grow.
I saw some nice Solid Gold on 'flickr' by Michael Phillips.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10449510@N05/sets/72157601288304983/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10449510@N05/sets/72157601287462789/
Stush

o

"Golden Wendy" (not Windy!) is different from "Solid Gold" as its leaves are winding (not wending!).Not quite a novelty as it is known in the trade since 2008 (see posts on g.mane).

o

Sorry, my misspelling not met to happen. I ment Wendy. I saw a simular at Ormental Plant Shop for $25. Was that the place you got yours? They also have a moonshine variegated 'mutation' @ $25 that looks more yellow than gray. I am planing on putting in an order with them.

o

So sorry, Roberto2! The leaf twist was lost to me, and I sure didn't pick up on the wendy/winding description.
Stush, in these variegated forms I think we need to allow for some variation within the species.

o

Mike,
I sure know what you mean. I have trouble with 1/2 green and 1/2 cream or white or what ever. I love those but I know where I live, with out help, I just can't winter them over. If I start feeling better this summer, I sure hope I get my basement green house finished. I had success at where I used to work with just office lights and controlled temps. So it should work as well in my basement.
Reberto2,
Hope to see some more of your collection. And if you don't mind, let us known where you got them.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here