Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bob Smoley

Posted by bmock 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 14:31

Hi Guys,

I just saw this over on the hoya forum and thought I would pass along to you.

Posted by denise 5 (My Page) on Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 10:34
For those of you who know Bob Smoley, his daughter posted on his FB page that he is in the hospital with some very serious infection that's going to require multiple surgeries and a stay of at least a few weeks in the hospital. Anyone wanting to send him a card of encouragement can send it to:
Rebecca Smoley
University House Apartments
725 NW 13th St.
Gainesville, FL 32601

I've gotten plants a few times from Bob over the years. I know a lot of people complain about him being slow to ship, but his stuff has always been worth the wait for me. And he always made up for his slowness with a substantial free offering. I think he's a gem!

Denise in Omaha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bob Smoley

Sad to hear that. I have had good luck with the few orders I placed with him over the years and he offeres a great selection of plants at very good prices. Hope he gets well soon!

o

Bob gave a nice progam on grafting to our succulent society and he participates in our succulent sales. Thanks for the information. Prayers go out to Bob, his wife and children.

o

Same here. I had no problems with Bob. Hope he recovers fully. I met him briefly here in Pittsburgh when he had one of his greenhouses in Gibsonia, Pa. Thank you for telling us Barb.
Stush

o

I sent a card to Bob's daughter from us at Garden Web. Hope it cheers him up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here