Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
San. humiflora will the real one stand up

Posted by norma_2006 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 22, 09 at 15:49

I am searching for this plant, I have checked Ebay and they are selling plants under false names. I know what the real one looks like. Ebay sellers don't know their names. I have received plants from dear old friends, wrong names, however.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: San. humiflora will the real one stand up

Norma,

This is the closest I have gotten in search for the elusive real Humiflora...

Mother plant

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2586802560104805144aQTsrr?vhost=home-and-garden

Baby plant

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2556309010104805144zfURZl?vhost=home-and-garden

o

I couldn't open the pictures. Norma

o

Hi Norma and Tata,

How are you... nice to meet you here!! :)

This is S. humiflora which extracted from Sansevieria #10/2004 page 4 and 6
Photobucket

Photobucket

Honestly, in Thailand and Indonesia, also in Ebay, they sell S. hybrid as S. humiflora :)

I have S. sp. which collected by Dave Richard at Fikizola Crossing, and Alan Butler was sure that it's another clone of S. humiflora
Photobucket

Norma,
Please contact Alan Myklebust, hope that he has a spare of S. humiflora :)

Indra

o

I will be at Alan's house this weekend. I hope he will show it to me. Thanks all for all of your help, so now I know what to look for. Norma

o

Hi Norma,

Good luck....
If you get it, please post the picture to this forum or Hermine's group.
Please send to A. Myklebust my warm greeting..

Indra
Jakarta-Indonesia

o

It is supposed to be another form of S. hallii. Laid back leaves that are approx. 8-9" long. You can see what I'm talking about the experts fight over these names, they really don't know either. I wish Dave Richards would verify this. I don't have one, and I am not going to buy one unless it is from Dave Richards, I am tried of buying plants on the sellers say so. Been there done that. Norma

o

Alan didn't have one that I know of. Norma

o

In the last issue of the San. Journal pictures were shown of many different clones. The have shorter leaves than S. halli but are very similar. I'll keep looking, I can't identify a baby plant. I just not better than NE and will never be. Baby leaves just don't give me an identification, (San Journal is availble if you join the Internation Organiation.) Norma

o

Hi Norma,

Yes very similar with S. hallii but thicker and wider...
I've joint the ISS and have all Journal except #1

Indra

o

I haven't seen a live one yet, anything with thicker leaves then
S. hallii I think I have Journal #1 I have Juan's C. Journal #1 is that the one that you want? Ask Alan if I can copy it off for you, have him send me an e-mail. I will have Kinko do it. Some pictures are in color, and I can't do it on my own printer. Norma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here