Return to the Sansevieria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sans fans attending CSSA in San Diego

Posted by penguinesque (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 17, 11 at 22:24

I am a member of the ISS and the Cactus and Succulent Society of Mass. I will be attending the CSSA conference in San Diego this April and am trying to get a group of sansevieriaphiles together. If anyone is going to the conference and would like to join in, let me know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sans fans attending CSSA in San Diego

Penguinesque,

I know a few Sans heads in SD - email me privately and I'll see if I can hook you up with them, if you're (and they) are so inclined.

o

I can't attend the convention this year, any one who would like to come here would be welcome. I just can't walk those long hotel halls. Norma

o

Thank you for the invitation, Norma. This will be my first conference, and I am very excited. I am in the process of scheduling a sansevieria interest group meeting during the conference. If there is enough interest, I would like to see an ISS meeting at each CSSA conference. Members in the USA are not able to attend the meetings of the UK-based ISS. So far, response from the organizers seems positive. I am waiting to see whether we are given a meeting room and a place on the official meetings roster.

o

We had a meeting at the last CSSA convention after hours. about 30 people atteneded. Very little input was given. Alan Butler was the orgainizer of the program. I hope he is at this convention. I didn't see his name listed as a speaker. My home may be used if needed, I just may be too far away. I will not be attending this year, my age will not permit it. I really don't like conventions just to many people, and I need too much help getting around I don't know a soul there. Norma

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sansevieria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here