Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantomaniac08

I see a baby!

plantomaniac08
12 years ago

I purchased this Sansevieria at a local grocery store for $10 about a month ago. I re-potted it the same day of purchase as it was soaking wet (one of the leaves was already rotting at its base). I am surprised to see a baby (and so soon)! I removed almost all the original soil when re-potting and checked for any signs of "babies" forming but did not see anything to suggest a new baby would be appearing. Enjoy!

{{gwi:1249529}}

{{gwi:1249530}}

Comments (14)

• bonsaigai
    12 years ago

I LOVE that! It's nice to see someone getting as excited about an offset as I do!

Congratulations!

• bonsaigai
    12 years ago

I LOVE that! It's nice to see someone getting as excited about an offset as I do!

Congratulations!

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    12 years ago

bonsaigai,
    Thanks! It's nice to share a plant growing experience with someone who feels the same way. :)

• norma_2006
    12 years ago

Boy or Girl? I love to see new growth also, I just shared a variegated 'Ferwood' with the curator at the HGB he was just as excited as you. So it doesn't matter how many you have new birth is always wonderful and exciting. Congratulations. Perhaps we should all send baby gifts, that would be fun to have a baby shower, Norma

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Norma,
    Hehe, thank you for the commentary, I always enjoy reading your responses.

Planto

• hijole
    12 years ago

Planto, I think I get just as excited as the best of them, maybe even more, I don't know about some of your ages but I sometimes think about an old movie, " cartoon.". With Don knotts, in that movie, cartoon, Mr limpit , the guy who was so infatuated with fish and one day slipped into the sea an turned into a fish, hahaha...

Ok, ok it was a cartoon but sometimes when I'm out in the garden I think about that an think, I'm so into these little succulents I'm about to turn into one, I'm thinking of changing my name to, Mr Flores , which is Spanish for Mr flowers. J/k

Umm which one would I be???

Greg

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Greg,
    I am a little late on my response (ok, almost a week) so perhaps you will read this. *crosses fingers* I hate leaving someone's comment hanging. I guess I am bit too young to remember "Cartoon." I do know of Don Knotts as "Barney," but most of his roles were before my childhood (or before my memory developed). Nonetheless, I hear you, young adults around my age for the most part think I'm odd for my interest in plants, so it's nice to hear others opinions on a common interest. :)

• hijole
    12 years ago

Planto, somethings never change, people my age are either into plants or their not. Some friends of mine are surprised that I spend as much time with my plants and wonder how I ever got hooked on cacti & succulents in the first place.

What can you say, It's like, when you get bit its over you've been bit deal with it and collect as many as you can.

I do agree with you the younger you are I suppose the more shocked others may be with your interest in cacti & succulents.

Enjoy your plants.

Greg

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Greg,
    Thanks. :)

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    11 years ago

Planto,
    Sorry for the late response. Very nice. I found some but they were on the plants when I bought them. Still exciting but not the same as growing them yourself. I was into plants at a young age but I wish I had this resource available way back then when we still used candle power. Ha Ha.

• hijole
    11 years ago

Stush, LOL.. candle power hahaha...

Greg

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Stush,
    It's ok, a "late" response (not that I think you're late) is still a response to look forward to. Haha, candle power.

Planto

• lovemysans
    11 years ago

Planto, congratulations! I have a few pups of my own coming in now. Every time I walk by them I stop to enjoy them.

Stush! Candle power... Hahaha...

Take care!

• plantomaniac08
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks. :)

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator